Sunday, March 5, 2017

February favorites


I can’t believe February’s already over! Time is literally flying and this is scaring the hell out of me, if I’m being honest! 

Anyway, it’s been a long while since I’ve shared with you some of my favorite things, and as I’ve been loving a LOT of things this past month, I thought it was about time for me to kind of update my love list! 

So here are a few things I’ve been really enjoying, let’s say, since the new year started! 

1. Wooden Sneakers



 

I searched for new sneakers for the longest time before I settled on this pair (ask my brother, I was sending him pictures all day long, asking if they looked cool or not, but then never actually purchasing the ones I’d sent him). 

I discovered this brand thanks to BlogBySandra, who posted an article about them, and I instantly fell in love with the style of the brand. I browsed through their website for hours, and I just couldn’t decide which one I wanted… Literally my whole family got involved to help me choose! 

I picked those because I thought they looked different from the Adidas that I already did have, and they’re so comfy, it’s getting really hard for me to wear anything else! I’m completely in love with them!



2. Batiste Dry Shampoo


 

I have very moody hair, they get oily very fast if I don’t stick to my routine, and so I always thought dry shampoo wasn’t for me, because it would just mess everything up… I decided to buy one anyway and keep it around just in case I ever needed it, which happened a lot sooner than I thought it would. 

And can I just say this is a life saver! This is just the perfect thing for when you’ve had a late night and didn’t have the time to wash your hair! This is so easy to use, and as long as you’re careful not to apply it to close to your scalp, there isn’t any white residue showing! 

On the subject of dry shampoos, the website reviews.com has done a whole research on dry shampoos, comparing them and finding which one’s the best, depending on the type of hair you have!
This is so helpful, and so far I’ve only tried the Batiste dry shampoo but I definitely look forward to trying other ones and see which one my hair likes best! 

So I really suggest you go give this article a read, and by the end of it, you’ll be an expert in the dry shampoo field! They also give plenty of tips on how to apply it, and you’ll even find how to make your own, this is pretty amazing! 



Check the complete article RIGHT HERE, it’s worth it, I promise! 

3. Who You Selling For





I’ve been a Pretty Reckless fan from the very beginning (they had one song on MySpace that I would just play again and again) and I can’t tell you just how happy and proud I am about the new album. You can tell that they’ve grown so much as musician, they’ve worked so hard on this, and I feel like this really is a masterpiece! 

I’ve had the chance to see them perform live in January and you can tell that they’re enjoying themselves a lot more now. 

If you love good rock n’ roll, then I really suggest you give this album a try because this is a really work of art.

4. La La Land





I don’t think I need to introduce this movie… What can I say? I went to see it because a friend of mine really wanted to see it and convinced me that it would be amazing, and I trust her taste in movies so I said yes. Believe it or not, I hadn’t really heard anything about it, I didn’t even know it was a musical until my friend told me so 5 minutes before it started… And I just couldn’t blink the whole movie long. It’s two hours long, but when it ended, I genuinely thought that it had only been 20 minutes. I love everything about this, the actors, the music, the general atmosphere. I fell in love with all of it! 

5. Eat Smart





The same friend who took me to see La La Land bought me this cooking book for Christmas, and I’ve been feeding off it since then! No but seriously, everything I’ve tried turned out absolutely delicious, the ingredients are easy to find, and easily replaced if you don’t actually find them, the recipe are very generous in servings… I just cook something during the weekend and then I bring it to work every day and it just makes my weeks so much easier!

6. Perfect Match Rimmel Concealer



I’m not sure whether I’ve talked about this before or not, but even if I already have, it’s worth saying it again, this product is magic. It’s not expensive, and it’s the best concealer I’ve ever tried… It’s actually the first and only beauty product that I’ve ever repurchased (perfume aside)! It looks so natural, it lasts all day long, it really does adjust to the skintone… It’s just everything I’ve ever wanted in a concealer, and as cheap as a concealer can get!

7.  A Time To Kill 



My dad found this book in the plane some months ago, and I didn’t know whether I’d read it or not, until I actually decided to give it a go, thinking that it’d be boring and fastidious… Well I actually couldn’t put it down, and I’ve bought copies of it for everyone in my family, telling them that they just needed to read it! I’m not going to spoil anything, I’m just going to say that if you’re just a little bit into understanding society/justice/the law... you’re going to devor this, just like I did!
 

 8. Blue Valentine




So because I actually discovered Ryan Gosling in La La Land (I swear I don’t live under a rock, I knew who he was, I just hadn’t seen a movie in which he played before) I decided to give this one a go because it seemed interesting 

It's not just an interesting movie. It’s absolutely fascinating. This is love and relationships painted in the most real, honest and truthful way. Played by actors who are both so very good and who make this story so alive and relatable… You just have to watch it, I think as far as cinema goes, this is a hell of a beautifully painted picture of reality. 

9. Mansouri, Paris






My dad’s been offered a meal in this restaurant and we both went there last week. This was so delicious, so pretty, and each and every one of the people who worked here were so nice! I’m definitely going to go back there with other people because I think this place is worth knowing! So if you ever take a trip to Paris, I highly recommend this little Moroccan restaurant!

10. Goji Acai Green Tea



I bought this in London last April, but I already had tons of tea that I had to drink at home so I waited a bit and only started drinking it a few weeks ago. I have it every morning and it’s like a cup of sweetness in the morning! It wakes me up in such a gentle way. It’s very richly flavored and I kind of want to go back to London just to buy some more!


https://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/french-pier-14237363


46 comments:

  1. I'm obsessed with the new Pretty Reckless album! Its so good! Great picks!

    xx Nicole
    http://toogoldstreet.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such a great one! And the live performances that come with it are pretty insane as well! Thanks a lot for stopping by! xx

      Delete
  2. I use the dry shampoo like every day haha!!

    With love,
    Brianna
    www.globalfashiongal.com
    https://www.youtube.com/user/briannadeg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really tempted to do that as well, ahah! It's so much easier and faster than actually washing your hair! xx

      Delete
  3. Awesome listing! I must say such a great la la land movie and the book looks very interesting
    http://sepatuholig.blogspot.com
    Instagram @grace_njio

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I'm going to go see La La Land again next week, and I'm so excited about that! Yes, if you're interested in that kind of books, I really do recommend it!
      xx

      Delete
  4. I love Batiste dry shampoo! Especially because it's sold at my Target, so convenient to pick up! I also really want to buy that Eat Smart book! Thanks for sharing girly :)

    xoxo,
    Lauren Lindmark
    dailydoseofcharm.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same! That's the only reason why I even bought it in the first place, but I have to say that I'm really enjoying having that around just in case ;) xx

      Delete
  5. Hey beautiful! I just wanted to let you know that I nominated you for the Mystery Blogger Award. :) <3 Here's the link: thelifeofsalina.com/mysterybloggeraward/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's such a nice thing! Thank you so much, I love this idea so much! xx

      Delete
  6. I use this dry shampoo too-love it and your fun recommendations! -Katelyn/www.theyellowspectacles.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THank you so much for your kind words and for taking the time to comment :) xx

      Delete
  7. I wanted to buy Eat Smart for so long but I thought it will be hard to find the ingredients in Austria. But I am starting to reconsider.
    xx, Sandra
    www.theflyingcocker.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I thought as well, because most healthy/vegan recipe books are that way, filled with ingredients that are impossible to find or really expensive when you do, but I didn't find that with this book, and I was really about it, so if you wanna give it a go, I really do recommend it! xx

      Delete
  8. La La Land is love <3
    Please see cupshe coupon and check out my latest blog 5 Ways to satisfy your fashion

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so pretty and inspiring! Thanks a lot for stopping by! xx

      Delete
  9. Those sneakers look so cool!

    http://www.myclusterofthoughts.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like them! They're so comfortable as well! xx

      Delete
  10. batiste is the best dry shampoo hands down !!

    http://www.carolinapinglo.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've only tried this one but I'm really satisfied with what it does! It's saved me so many times! xx

      Delete
  11. Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by! Love your blog xx

      Delete
  12. Great favorites! Love reading your blogpost.

    X Merel
    www.andathousandwords.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, that's really nice of you xx

      Delete
  13. Love this list!!!! thanks for sharing :)

    www.lacaleya.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for reading! Thanks for this kind comment! xx

      Delete
  14. The sneakers are so cute! I've heard great things about the dry shampoo, haven't tried it yet but I need to!

    Reine | Sincerely Reine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Well think that if you don't need it, then there's no reason to use it! I just find it very useful when I don't have the time to wash my hair right this second and have to head somewhere ;) xx

      Delete
  15. I still haven't seen La La Land!! I get worried when there's so much hype over something that it'll just disappoint me so I'm going to wait until the hype goes down haha

    www.elleisforlove.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally get what you mean, and as I said, I hadn't heard much of it somehow when I saw it so I really wasn't expecting anything! It's totally fine if you don't see it right now, I just think it's worth seeing at some point in your life ;) xx

      Delete
  16. Desperately want to see La La Land! And this makes me want to go see it more! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you have the chance to see it in a theatre, I really think it adds a bit of dimension to it, although I'm sure it would be amazing on tv as well! xx

      Delete
  17. Ahh I want to check out la la land so bad, Im missing out!!

    Mischelle
    http://www.nowthatschic.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's never too late! And even if you only see it when it comes out on dvd, that's still totally fine, that's what's great about movies ;) xx

      Delete
  18. The Goji Acai Green tea looks so good also, I have yet to see La la land!

    Blog | Bits of Reg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does taste really sweet and different from what I've tasted before! If you have the opportunity to go see it, I really suggest it :) xx

      Delete
  19. Ooo this post made me want to go and watch Blue Valentine, it's one of those movies I've heard about but never actually watched myself.

    Julia // The Sunday Mode

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely fell in love with it! It's so real and honest and it shows a side of relationships that's very rarely shown in cinema! It is a work of art, both the main actors are so good in it :) xx

      Delete
  20. oh i love the Sneakers. great post
    http://carrieslifestyle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I live in them ;) They're amazing! Thanks for stopping by xx

      Delete
  21. i love finding new cookbooks!
    I'm for sure going to pick this one up

    Thanks for sharing - have a good weekend!

    www.luellapearl.com
    Caitlin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's truly amazing and easy and it really makes me want to cook more!
      Thanks a lot for your kind words, have a great weekend as well! xx

      Delete
  22. I've been trying to find Niomi's cooking book since it launched I'm so jealous of you hahaha, thanks for sharing enjoy reading this post!

    Follow for follow?:)

    Xx,
    Hilary
    www.theclosetelf.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pretty sure my friend bought it on Amazon as it's really hard to find it here in France as well! I'm sure British have no problem finding it in store but it's a different story for us non-british people ;) Thanks a lot for reading! xx

      Delete
  23. Great and a beautiful dress. I love its simplicity and clean lines but a short length and defined waist are not a great look for me.Then Robes Manches Longues make me look thinner and taller.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, I'm not sure whichdress you're talking about here, but it's really nice of you to stop by! Have a ncie weekend! xx

      Delete